Human Resource Specialist
To whom it may concern
APPLICATION FOR THE ABOVE JOB
I recently completed my BCom HRM degree from the University of Johannesburg, with majors in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology and Business Management. I also have a Computer Literacy degree.
I am a very optimistic and diligent student. I always put my best foot forward and whatever I do, I commit myself a 100% to making sure it’s a success. I am an excellent team player, with good communication skills and I work exceptionally well under pressure. I am innovative and inspired, I often find solutions for problems very quickly as I am able to think on my feet. With a degree in Computer Literacy, I have a full understanding of the Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
I have vacation work experience from RCL foods as a student in their HR department. I did this to gain experience in the work environment and HR value chain. I also worked for Pointgroup as a HR recruitment coordinator/intern, where I supported all HR functions within the department. This has helped me broaden my HR knowledge and I’ve learned more than professional skills, also other characteristics that an HR professional should possess in and out of the workplace e.g. self-discipline, selflessness etc. I have most importantly learned how to work with people from different walks of life and adapt to a work ethic that allows me to be most productive.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Microsoft 2013
- public speaking
- strategic planning
February 2015- Dec 2017
BCom Human Resource Management at University of Johannesburg
Accounting A & B, Analytical Techniques 1A &1B, Economics 1A & 1B, Human Resource Management 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B, Industrial Psychology 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B, Business Management 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B, Sociology 2A, Business Communication, Introductory Labour Law and Commercial Computer System(DEGREE).
National Senior Certificate at Strauss Secondary School
Life Science, English (FAL), Geography, Mathematics, Physical science, Life Orientation and Zulu (HL)
December 2019- June 2017
HR student(vacation work) at RCL Foods
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Take minutes during disciplinary meetings
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Develop and maintain a filing system
• Maintain contact lists
• Provide general support to visitors
• Senior HR assistants to handle requests and queries from employees
April 2018- July 2018
HR intern/ HR Coordinator at Point Group
• Recruitment and Selection – Responsible for advertisements (internally and externally) and liaising with all key stakeholders to determine shortlists and coordinating interviews.
• Employee Appointment & Induction – Responsible for onboarding new employees and maintaining all employee records.
• Preparation of Employee Information for Payroll – Ensuring variation information is received and updated timeously providing support to the Payroll Division.
• Administration – Department administration including the updating of all files, processes, procedures, employee handbooks, group benefits documentation, drawing up contracts, etc.
• Conducting junior feedback sessions and consolidating performance feedbacks
• Providing administrative and project management support to the HR Team and all Point’s global entities
February 2017- December 2017
Residence Academic Advisor at University of Johannesburg
• Manage first year students’ school-university transaction
• Improve retention in the first year at the University
• Help first year students cope with their University work
• Establish caring ethos
• Assist students improve both academically and psychology